About Bits and Pieces

This blog will document the process of creating a public art piece for the City of Avondale. The art piece will be a mosaic on a half wall in front of the police substation on Western Avenue in Old Town Avondale. The theme is "Police and Community". I will be working with Mrs. Sondra Davis and her art students at Agua Fria High School.



Friday, May 16, 2014

update: hair is done.I did find some additional tile pieces in another shade of brown to add some more dimension and reduce the contrast between the light and dark brown. I wish I had more shades of brown to make it look even better, but that is what I had to work with and I am not going to change it yet again.
I started on the face and we will see how it turns out. The ear is not exactly what I want it to be. After 4 tries of making it look somewhat like an ear, I quit. I will start on it again this morning, and hopefully with better results.


No comments:

Post a Comment