About Bits and Pieces

This blog will document the process of creating a public art piece for the City of Avondale. The art piece will be a mosaic on a half wall in front of the police substation on Western Avenue in Old Town Avondale. The theme is "Police and Community". I will be working with Mrs. Sondra Davis and her art students at Agua Fria High School.



Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Another update. The arm is done. I changed the flow of the tiles to give it a more realistic appearance and I am happy with the result. The shirt is done. The hair is partially done. I added more highlights, but it still needs some work. The helmet is done, but is not quite acceptable, as the two blues need a bridging color and the grey on the bottom needs more definition.
I am hoping to finish the helmet, face and hair today. Keep checking back, as I am going to try and post daily updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment